Tuesday 24 December 2013

I will continue to fight says Di Maria

Angel di Maria has made clear that his focus is on fighting for continued playing time at Real Madrid, amid rumours of a move away.

The Argentine is seen as having grown increasingly unhappy during the first half of the season for a diminishing role in Carlo Ancelotti’s plans, behind Gareth Bale.

However, after deputising for the Welshman on Sunday against Valencia and opening the scoring with a notable strike, the 25-year-old reflected that his mind is set on team affairs only.

“I never asked for a renewal. All that has been said about my desire to not continue at Real Madird is a lie,” asserted Di Maria to reporters after yesterday’s 3-2 win at Mestalla.

“I am happy at Real Madrid because I am at a team where the Coach has me in mind - when there is a space in the team, I start.

“When a footballer is signed for €100m, it is to play, but the important thing is that I am in mind.

“I have to keep doing things well in these matches and in training. I am thinking about Real Madrid and I am still working hard.

“The Coach and everyone around me knows. I have to keep going and try to earn a place in the team.
“The important thing is to continue here, I'm very happy.

“In the summer there was a lot of interest in getting me to leave Real Madrid, but I was just thinking about staying here and doing well at this club.”

No comments:

Post a Comment