Monday 9 June 2014

Nigerian born player signs new deal in Malta

Alfred Effiong will definitely be wearing the colours of Qormi again next season after extending his contract.
 
Despite offers from far and near, the Nigerian striker penned a one-year deal with the Malta Premier League campaigners, which will see him remain at Qormi Ground through the 2014 - 2015 season.
 
''I signed a one year deal with Qormi because next year I will be eligible for citizenship.
 
''I signed with Qormi because I am happy with the people and I got a good offer from them,'' Alfred Effiong told SL10.ng.
 
'' I had the chance to move to a bigger team but I decided to stay with the club.''
 
He added : ''My intention for the coming season is to help the club achieve their dream of playing in Europe and winning the FA cup .''
 
In 2013- 2014, Alfred Effiong had his best season since he arrived the Island Nation, racking up 19 goals in 29 Premier League appearances.

No comments:

Post a Comment