Tuesday 24 June 2014

Igboun maintains stance on Midtjylland exit

FC Midtjylland of Denmark striker Sylvester Igboun is still keen on leaving the Danish side after eight years at the MCH Arena.

The 23-year-old joined the ‘Wolves’ in 2006 from Nigerian side, FC Ebiede and has been a regular ever since being promoted from the reserves.

“I want to leave Midtjylland and that’s the truth. I’ve been here (Denmark) for eight years and I think this is the time for me to leave.

“I have no problems with the club, and I appreciate them for everything but I really want to leave. I’ve had a few offers but it’s up to them (Midtjylland) to agree.”

Igboun is presently training with the former Danish vice champions, who have begun pre-season training ahead of a potentially tough season.

Midtjylland will compete in the Europa league next season, but that hasn’t encouraged the player to stay, instead he has remained resolute in his desire to quit the club.

“I want a bigger challenge, in a bigger club and a bigger league. Certainly that isn’t Midtjylland. 
They will play in the Europa league but I need to test the waters elsewhere, where the challenge is bigger and tougher.”

The ‘Wolves’ as Midtjylland are also known, will travel to Sweden this weekend to continue their pre-season training and will play a couple of friendlies, with Igboun expected to be a part of the arrangement.

No comments:

Post a Comment