Friday 13 June 2014

CHAN MVP HOPE TO PERFORM IN BRAZIL

2014 Africa Nations Championship (CHAN) MVP, Ejike Uzoenyi has spoken for the first time after he joined the team in Brazil.
Ejike who plays for Enugu Rangers made Nigeria's 30-man World Cup provisional list but he couldn't make the final 23-man list.
In a chat with Super Eagles spokes man, Ben Alaiya, Ejike stated that he was happy to be back in the team and he was glad at the way he was welcomed back.
"It's good to be back and I'm very impressed at the way I was welcomed. I give God all the glory because He is the one that brought me here and I know it's for a purpose."
"It was so sad not making the final 23-man list but really it's amazing to be back with the team. Though, I must say that I prayed for the quick recovery of Elderson Echiejile."
"I felt so bad because it wasn't my intention to replace an injured player. It could happen to me or any player, I still see it as what God has for me and I appreciate everything"
"Now I have to start from where I stopped, even when I was going back I felt very depressed but my spirit is still with the team because this is my team"
"I started from day one with coach Stephen Keshi and he has been there for me, though he asked me to go back to Nigeria but I will never use that against him because he has been like a father to me even when I was down"
"As regards the World Cup, I pray that God will give me the strength for this tournament to do a remarkable thing in my life. I will give everything because I want to use my performance to say thank you Jesus" Ejike concluded

No comments:

Post a Comment