Thursday 19 June 2014

Kanu motivates Super Eagles on the task ahead

Two-time African Footballer of the Year and retired Nigeria international, Nwankwo Kanu, visited the Vitoria Hotel Concept again on Wednesday.
 
The former Arsenal striker held a motivational talk with the Super Eagles players before the team's departure to Cuiabá, venue of the clash with Bosnia and Herzegovina..
 
''I'm  a Nigerian Ambassador. I arrived in Sao Paulo yesterday (two days ago) and today I traveled to Campinas to talk with the players. .
 
''I talked a bit about the game on Saturday and I'm sure we will win. Nigeria is able to qualify from the group, we can not be discouraged. I'll be in the game in Cuiaba,'' Nwankwo Kanu said.
 
Nigeria will have a straightforward path to the knockout stages should they defeat their European opponents at the Arena Pantanal on Saturday, and Kanu has acknowledged that it will be a difficult contest.
 
''It will be a very difficult game. When both teams need to win, the game becomes very difficult.
 
''Bosnia is a good team, you have to be alert to Dzeko but the Nigerian team is very good and I'm sure we'll have a good game,'' the former Ajax Amsterdam star added.
 
The Super Eagles trained on Wednesday evening for about an hour at Estádio Brinco de Ouro while they had a fitness session at the gym in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment