Monday 9 June 2014

Heartland defender gutted with World Cup snub


Heartland FC defender, Benjamin Francis, has spoken out on his disappointment of not being considered by Stephen Keshi when Elderson Echjiele was ruled out of the World cup through injury.


Francis told SL10 even though he felt sorry for Elderson Echjiele, he thought his injury would be an opening for him.

"We are very close friends,his injury wasn't a pleasant news at all but I was hoping since myself and Juwon Oshaniwa are his deputy, I will be given a look in."

"I was disappointed not to be called up,but am also happy for my CHAN teammate Ejike Uzoenyi who got the nod."

Benjamin Francis confessed he left his phone on all day long even using Power generating set when the public source wasn't available.

"Those few hours before Ejike was announced as Echjiele's replacement were the toughest hours of my life"

"My phone was switched on all day and even when the public source of power went out, I made sure my power generating set was on all night long."

"It was hard for me to sleep, and it was harder waking up to the news that Ejike Uzoenyi has been selected, but such is life."

Despite his disappointments, Benjamin insist Coach Stephen Keshi is right in selecting Uzoenyi ahead of him.

"Keshi made no mistake at all in calling up Uzoenyi, in the first place he was the one who invited me to the team,if he feels Uzoenyi is better now for the team,he is right, no debate."

Benjamin Francis made nine appearances for Heartland FC of Owerri in the first stanza of the league that ended yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment