Tuesday 18 March 2014

Nwabuoku ask for more

Evelyn Nwabuoku has told a South Africa based medium that she will continue to do her best for Federation Cup Queens, Rivers Angels in the 2013/14 Nigeria Women Premier League campaign.


Evelyn, 28, netted a last gasp equaliser in the week 3 League clash against Taraba Queens at the Jalingo City Stadium on Saturday.

“It was a target I set for myself that I will get the goals that will help my team win the league at the end of the season.

“I am happy with the way I am playing right now and I want to continue this way until the end of the season, the 2012/13 Nigeria Women Premier League best player continued.

Rivers Angels are presently fifth on the table with 5 points after 3 matches, one point behind league leaders Ibom Angels.

“I scored my first goal of the season last weekend and I am ready to continue in that form. We are playing very well and what the players have decided is that we will not relent until we see that Rivers Angels are crowned the league champions.

“I am also ready to contribute to the overall improvement of the team. I also want to thank our fans that supported us despite the fact that we were down at some point in Jalingo.

“We will continue to churn out good results in all the remaining matches of the season. I am sure that we will not relent in our resolve to keep on winning matches,” the former MFK of Finland star  said.

The former Bayelsa Queens versatile player is one of the lads the nation is depending on to wrestle the African Women Championship title back from the grip of Equatorial Guinea.

No comments:

Post a Comment