Monday 31 March 2014

Enyimba Withhold Sign On Bonus, Players Get Ultimatum To Win Taraba Game‏

Enyimba are in disarray in the wake of their 1 - 0 loss to neighbours Abia Warriors on Sunday at the Enyimba International Stadium.


The management of the six - time Premier League champions is not pleased with this development and has reneged on its promise to pay the squad their sign on bonus on Monday, March 31.

Per club policy, the old players would have been paid their outstanding emoluments for last season and a certain percentage of their sign on bonus for the current campaign but that has been shelved.

The players and team officials have been mandated to win their next fixture against newcomers Taraba United next Sunday before they get their dues.

Taraba United new recruit Saviour Fidelis has vowed to pay back Enyimba in their own coin when both sides clash at Jalingo City Stadium.

''I know this is a must - win game for Enyimba after they lost today to Abia Warriors. We are prepared and I am hoping to score my first goal of the season against them,'' says Saviour Fidelis.

The former Enyimba man added, ''I wouldn't say I left the team in controversial circumstances. But despite my contribution in assisting them qualify for the Champions League, I was not registered for the competition. I will pay them back.''

The People's Elephants have garnered 4 points from their first 3 games while their next opponents have 6 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment