Wednesday 19 March 2014

Big Pressure On The Shoulders Of Bamidele Aiyenugba

Bnei Yehuda of Israel goalkeeper, Bamidele Aiyenugba has declared that he is carrying the league fortunes of the club on his shoulders as they battle the dreaded relegation.

 
The former Europa League campaigners are second from bottom in the Israel Toto League and will be hoping that they escape the drop in the relegation play-offs in the next forthnight.

“The pressure is more on me than any other member of the team because all the fans and the coaches all rely on me to deliver.

“They say that I can make them to stay in the top flight. Everytime everyone is telling me that I am the only one that can help them. So, it's really a big pressure for me,” the player fondly called "Champion" by the club fans told Brila FM on Tuesday.

Despite the added pressure, the former Kwara Stars goalie stated that he was equal to the task and was hopeful the team would beat the drop.

Meanwhile, Aiyenugba, called "The Cat" by his Nigerian fans further stated he was still open to the chance to prove his mettle in the colours of the Super Eagles ahead of the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.

The ex-Enyimba International goalkeeper said he would grab any invitation handed him by the team's technical bench led by Stephen Okechukwu Keshi.

“I will really appreciate it. If I get an invitation from the technical crew, I will gladly grab it and serve my nation with my best,” Aiyenugba concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment