Sunday 26 July 2015

Iwobi In Cloud Nine After Netting First Arsenal Goal

Arsenal forward Alex Iwobi is over the moon after scoring a goal in their 6-0 defeat of French side, Lyon in an Emirates Cup game on Saturday.


Iwobi, 19, scored the third for the Gunners after 35 minutes and should have doubled his tally when he put the ball in the back of the net two minutes later, but was ruled offside.

The Nigerian youngster has been impressive in Arsenal’s pre-season run and having capped with an excellent performance in front of his fans at the Emirates Stadium, the 19-year old says he was in shock and couldn’t believe he had scored in front of his home fans.

“When Aaron passed me the ball I couldn't believe it. I just swung my left foot at it and fortunately it went in and I was like 'oh my gosh',” he told the website after the game.

“I couldn't believe it, I was in shock. I didn't know what to do or how to celebrate but I enjoyed it! I have dreamt about it so many times but I never thought it could feel as good as this.
“My family, my friends, my close friends even my uncle was here today so I was glad to get a goal for them,” he added.

Iwobi has represented England at junior levels but is eligible for the Super Eagles and has declared himself for Nigeria, and even trained with the Nigeria U23 squad earlier in the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment