Friday 3 April 2015

Obi Returns To Familiar Terrain


Remo Stars defender Ekene Obi has returned to the club after spendng last season on loan at Nigeria Premier League side Sunshine Stars of Akure.


Obi had a fine start to his Sunshine career making his premier league debut against Enyimba FC and was tagged as the next centre back to replace Godfrey Oboabona but was unable to seal a permanent  move as Sunshine Stars didn't show signs of retaining him permanently.

"It's mixed emotion for me, firstly am glad to be back here, Remo Stars is home for me, its a family here and it's a honour to play for his club.

"I had a good time with Sunshine Stars and I learnt alot on and off the pitch but there isn't much difference in the Premier League and the National League. The journey across the country and the intensity of the Premier League is higher than the National league."

"Now am back with the aim of channelling the experience I have to the team, working with the new coaches isn't goning to be a problem for me as they have welcomed me well and I have settled into the team very well."

Obi is set to boost the Sky Blue Stars' defence with his experience as the team prepare for the Nigeria National  league which will get underway on 18th April 2015. 

No comments:

Post a Comment