Saturday 18 April 2015

Ini Delighted With AAG Qualification


Porthsmouth Ladies top-scorer Iniabasi Umotong has hailed her Super Falcons' teammates for picking the All Africa Games ticket, even as she said she looks forward to joining them for the World Cup in Canada.


The striker, who spoke from her base in the United Kingdom said she was elated when she heard the news that the Super Falcons had picked the AAG ticket.

"I was so happy when I heard we had qualified. I was messaging the team in camp to find out more details and to congratulate them. I’m so proud of the girls."

"I would really love to join them and I'm doing everything I can to make sure I'm in good shape and form for the World Cup in Canada, if I get selected," she enthused.

Ini was part of the team that drew 1-1 in the first leg of the qualifier in Mali.

She was disappointed that she was not part of the 8-0 drubbing of the Malians in Abuja, but expressed joy that the job was well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment