Tuesday 15 April 2014

Mercy Vincent vows to fight for Confluence Queens' number one shirt


Nigeria U17 Women's third choice goalkeeper, Mercy Vincent has vowed to fight for her place in the colours of Confluence Queens.

The fair-skinned young lad recently resumed normal activities at the club and made an impressive debut against previously unbeaten Pelican Stars in a 2-1 win - after spending months with the Nigerian U17 team in Costa Rica.

Mercy, made some sharp reflex saves from Kafayat Ajani, Esther Sunday and Amarachi Orjinma as the former champions searched for an equaliser at the Lokoja Confluence Stadium on Sunday.
In a chat with the club's spokesperson Tosin Ojo, she said that her major focus is to help the team do well in the on-going Nigeria Women Premier League. 
''I give all glory to God Almighty who was merciful to me throughout my time at the National camp with the Flamingoes,'' the former FCT Queens goalie disclosed.
''It was a nice experience. I learnt a lot and it really exposed me to different techniques in goalkeeping, unfortunately I was unable to make an appearance at the Mundial, the upcoming custodian continued.

''My main focus is to help my club perform better in the league. I want to fight for my shirt because I didn't return from national to warm the bench, I want to make a statement."

She has a big battle up her sleeves - as Ruth Sunday, Sekinat Olowu and Nimota Ajayi have also impressed the Adamu Suleiman led technical crew in the quest for becomes the club's most trusted number one goalkeeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment