Wednesday 23 April 2014

Ujah: I give God the glory for Cologne's promotion

Nigerian international Anthony Ujah was overjoyed after FC Cologne secured promotion to the Bundesliga after a two-year absence following their 3 -1 win over Bochum on Easter Monday.
The former Jigawa Golden Stars forward bagged his ninth goal of the season, scoring five minutes after his introduction by manager Peter Stoger.
The victory means that Cologne are not only guaranteed promotion to the first-tier but will finish the season as champions.
Ujah told a South African medium: ''Words can not express how I feel right now. I give God the glory. I joined Cologne because I believed that they will be promoted.''
''It's all down to hard work. I take every training as serious as a game and try to always justify my place in the team and not feel too comfortable and it paid off.
''We have a great squad and the rotation done by the coach has helped the team in many ways. ''
The ex-Mainz star is one of the four players in the Billygoats' roster that featured in every single game played in Germany's second-tier.

No comments:

Post a Comment