Monday 14 April 2014

Outstanding Shola stops Tornadoes

Shola Sheshere produced a stunning performance and ensured that Kogi United secured a 2-0 win over Niger Tornadoes at the Lokoja Confluence Stadium on Saturday.

The custodian denied the Godwin Koko Uwua tutored side with his reflex saves and assured performance.

"We played according to our coaches instruction. I am very happy we achieved our set objective," the fair skinned goalie began.

"Tornadoes is a very good and composed side. It's a technical team, but we relied on our one-touch philosophy to get the desired result.

The player who still has memories of spending most of his youthful days in Minna says the victory was "so special" to him.

"I made a vow to keep a clean sheet against Niger Tornadoes. It was really a special moment for me as I proved myself against them, considering that
Minna is my second home," he continued.

Shola has enjoyed a remarkable season, based on his commanding presence in the colours of the Wada Boys. He hopes the Flying Eagles technical crew led by Manu Garba looks in his direction soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment