Saturday 16 March 2013

I DIDN'T SNUB BENITEZ-SAF



Sir Alex Ferguson has denied Rafael Benitez's claim that he refused to shake his hand before the start of Sunday's FA Cup quarter-final at Old Trafford. 



Benitez claimed that he tried to shake Ferguson's hand before the game only for the Scot to snub his offer by walking past him.

"I was waiting at the beginning. It's up to him, I was in the way waiting," Benitez told reporters after the 2-2 draw.

"I was ready and waiting. I have some education because I know a lot of people are watching so I know what I have to do."

Ferguson was asked about the matter at his weekly pre-match press conference and he made it clear he had not snubbed the Chelsea interim manager.
 
"I was signing autographs and I never saw him. Why he has said that I have no idea. If he wanted to shake hands he could have stood straight in front of me.

"It is absolute nonsense."

No comments:

Post a Comment