Monday 25 March 2013

NAIJA RISING STAR ASISAT OSHOALA..............COMPILED BY ABAYOMI ADEMETAN


One of the discoveries of the 2012 FIFA U20 Women World Cup held in Japan, Asisat Oshoala has delighted fans of the game with her purposeful play and knack for goals in the colours of Rivers Angels.


The three-goal hero in the current Nigeria Women Football League(NWFL) campaign has been tipped by advocates and pundits of the game to surpass the exploits of Maureen Madu.

In this chat with www.futbalgalore.blogspot.com  after the three-nil derby win against arch-rivals Bayelsa Queens, the Lagos State-born starlet said she was into the game because of the passion she has for it and the support of her parents.

Futball Galore: The game is over out here. How do your feel  being on the winning side?

Asisat Oshoala: The game was tensed and explosive. I thank Almighty Allah for this victory.

Futball Galore: You capped a fantastic display as the team’s playmaker with a brilliant strike.What went through your mind when you scored?

Asisat Oshoala: Football is all about taking risks when the opportunity arises. I hope to score more goals for club and national team in the nearest future.

Futball Galore: Why did you take football as a career?

Asisat Oshoala: I choose football because I have passion for the game . And my parents support me as well.

Futball Galore: How did the journey started?

Asisat  Oshoala: The journey started right from my primary school days when I saw boys playing football on the streets.It was difficult at the onset but I thank my creator for His great works.

Futball Galore: Who gave you the chance to showcase your talents in the round game?

Asisat Oshoala:  I will never forget the impact Emmanuel Osahon made in my life. The FC Robo gaffer is one of the best around. I wish him well in the other end of the league.

Futball Galore: What was the feeling like representing Nigeria at the U20 World Cup?

Asisat Oshoala: I was estatic and passionate representing my nation in a FIFA organized tournament. It is an experience I will always cherish.

Futball Galore: What are your assets as a central midfielder?

Asisat Oshoala: My assets are holding-up play, providing the needed shield for the back-four and scoring goals.

Futball Galore: What have you learnt from your team boss , Edwin Okon?

Asisat Oshoala: I have learnt a lot from him. He taught me how to provide assists and not to waste any chance that comes my way. He is tutoring me on how to improve in my speed.

Futball Galore: What is the management doing to improve players welfare?

Asisat Oshoala: They are putting in their best to make sure that things go very fine. Already the state governor had come to give us full support in terms of finance and motivation.

Futball Galore: With your performance in the current season followers of the game are tipping you to make a move abroad and possibly earn a call-up to the senior national team set-up. How do you feel?

Asisat Oshoala: I am happy that people recognize my contribution. The dream of every young player is to aspire for greater things in life but I pray that good things shall come my way Insha Allah.

Futball Galore: Do you have any personal targets in the current season?

Asisat Oshoala: I hope to hit double figures. Also I want to help Rivers Angels wrestle the league title back from bitter rivals, Delta Queens.   

Futball Galore: It’s a pleasure speaking with the future of Nigerian Female Soccer.

Asisat Oshoala: Thank you Galore.

1 comment: