Monday 25 March 2013

I AM EAGER TO PROVE MY WORTH AGAINST SPAIN-VARANE

France defender Raphael Varane is eager to keep his place in the starting line-up for the World Cup qualifier against Spain on Tuesday.


Varane started alongside Mamadou Sakho in France's 3-1 win over Georgia on Friday and hopes to play against some of his Real Madrid team-mates when the teams clash in Paris.

"I hope to play against Spain," he said.

"I exchange messages with the Spaniards. They consider us serious opponents. They told me they need the victory, but it is also the case for us.

"There will be a battle. Those really are fantastic games."

The 19-year-old said he did not feel nervous ahead of his full international debut, adding that the pressure of playing for his club left him well prepared for the event.

"I didn't have apprehensions. I have the same kind of pressure at Real Madrid but emotions are stronger here," Varane said.

France sit two points clear of Spain at the top of Group I.

No comments:

Post a Comment