Tuesday 26 March 2013

BALE SIGNS A LUCRATIVE TELEVISION DEAL

Tottenham midfielder Gareth Bale has signed a three-year sponsorship deal with telecommunications company BT.

The Welshman will feature in TV adverts and appear as a guest on BT's new sports channel, which recently won the rights to broadcast a number of Premier League fixtures.

The news suggests that Bale could remain a Premier League player beyond the end of this season, despite speculation constantly linking the Welshman with a move to abroad.

The Spurs winger has attracted interest from Manchester United and Real Madrid.

Tottenham, though, are increasingly confident of retaining Bale and are set to offer him a bumper new five-year contract should they secure Champions League football.

"I am delighted to continue my relationship with BT by becoming a BT Ambassador. I feel honoured to join an exciting band of inspirational sporting figures, which has included Olympic heroes like the Brownlee brothers and Paralympic gold medallist Jonnie Peacock," Bale said.

"A great deal has changed in my football career since my first partnership with BT, and I am happy to extend that relationship for the next three years. I am excited about the launch of BT Sport and I am happy to play my part in making it a big hit."

The Tottenham midfielder has scored 21 goals in 36 games for Andre Villas-Boas' side this season and is among the frontrunners for the Player of the Year awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment