Sunday 31 March 2013

ESTABAN CAMBIASSO APOLOGISES FOR RECKLESS TACKLE

Inter midfielder Esteban Cambiasso has apologised for his horror tackle on Juventus' Sebastian Giovinco in Saturday's Serie A clash.


The combative midfielder received a straight red card during Inter's 2-1 loss at the Giuseppe Meazza after a bad lunge on Giovinco in the closing stages of the match.

But Cambiasso insisted that he had no intention to injure the Italy international.

"Fortunately nothing bad happened to him. I think that everything I have done in the past demonstrates that I never have the intention to hurt someone," Cambiasso told the official Inter website.

"My past speaks for itself, and they all understood the situation right away. It was an accident.

"After what had happened on the pitch, I immediately went to the Juventus dressing room to make sure he was okay. Things could have been bad due to my foul."

Inter have dropped to seventh place on the Serie A table following Saturday's defeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment