Friday 1 November 2013

My playing rights lies in Maiduguri says Stanley Onuegbu

Stanley Onuegbu has disclosed that his playing rights still lies in the city of Maiduguri after sterling performance in the colours of Elkanemi Warriors in the recently concluded Glo Nigeria Premier League season.
The defender, who led Warriors to one of the best defensive results in the league this season resolved any doubts regarding his future.

"I'm still a bonafide player of El Kanemi Warriors as we speak, I've not changed nor intended to change my status quo though I always allow God to dictate for me at the end of every season.

"I'm at home right now with my people and how nice its to return back home after a hectic season in far away Maiduguri.

"We didn't perform badly in the out gone season as fourth best though we would've been happier with continental ticket.

"Of course, that'll be the number one agenda on our minds when we resume for the upcoming season.

"We're quality bench and players to deliver the goods, we've noted the mistakes that robbed us of the league title we'll correct them and bounce back stronger.

"We'll be heading to the Super Four contest to make a bold statement.

''We'll like to tell doubters that our fourth finish was worked for and merited by striving to win the Super Four shield," said Onuegbu.

Warriors' defence led by the former Heartland skipper allowed only 33 goals in the recently finished season.

It was league's 5th best results, as only Enyimba, Kwara, Sharks and Heartland conceded less goals than El-Kanemi Warriors.

No comments:

Post a Comment