Wednesday 23 October 2013

Ijaiya bows out of the round leather game

Relegated Kwara United skipper captain Lukman Ijaiya has called it quit with the round leather game.

The former Shooting Stars forward had a career that spanned two decades, with the veteran preferring to concentrate on his future.

"I'm grateful to God for sparing my life up to this time even with all the difficulties I have faced in football.

"Although it's painful to quit now, I just have to end it here and go back to school as I would never play football for the rest of my life," the player told a reliable media voice.

The fast striker has tipped United to make a swift comeback to the Glo Nigeria Premier League, at it first time of asking.

"(It's) very unfortunate that Kwara United have been relegated, but I am sure they would come back to the top flight next year."

The void left by Ijaiya is sure to be left by United, as he was well loved and reverred by the management, coaches, players and fans of the club.

No comments:

Post a Comment