Monday 28 October 2013

I am focused to catapult TEAP FC to the elite league says Fred Evans


Fred Evans is in another season with Nigeria National League side, TEAP FC, a club he joined from Rivers State and now focused on improving on the field and providing more assists for his team.

The young right-back knows the challenge that lies ahead of him in the new season.

Malomo and his coaches are working on the defensive side of attack-minded Fred’s game, and the young lad is keen to improve.

“It’s another year in TEAP, and I’m happy here,” Fred told teapfcabuja.blogspot.com.

“I’m young, and I have to always improve. I have to make myself do better every game.

“I have experience, and I know what I have to do in the game. I always do my best, and that is what I will do in the future.”

The Abuja-based side finished 10th in the Pool A of the 2012/13 season and Fred demanded an improvement this term.

TEAP’s 2-1 win at Old Parade Ground against Virgin Kids Academy on Friday capped a good week for the RCCG boys.

And Fred says he and his team-mates are driven by a determination not to repeat last season’s experience, where the team struggled to win some games.

“I won’t forget about last season,” he said. “We really have to think about this season, now we have to start afresh and be ready.

“Our home record is important. We have to be ruthless in Abuja. We’re in a good position, but we can’t stop. We have to keep going and give 100 per cent.”

Two second-half goals from Samuel Adeyi and Austin Oladapo set TEAP on their way to what Fred feel was a hugely important win ahead of the new week.

“I think we played really well, especially in the second half,” he said. “We came back with a win, which was really important.

“It was important – all the team and the manager were under pressure.

“We drew on Thursday at home against. We had a decent second half yesterday (Friday).

“We had a winning mentality against Virgin Kids Academy. We wanted to win, especially seeing the effort we put into the game.

“The fans were fantastic. They always support us everywhere we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment