Wednesday 23 October 2013

I would like to return to Israel: Ogbonna


Ex-Enugu Rangers striker Ibe Zito Ogbonna has admitted that he would like to return to Israel where he spent his best years as a footballer.

The 30-year-old Ogbonna is a free agent for over 15 months, since his contract with Macedonian club Vardar Skopje ended in July 2012.

In interview with Israeli website one.co.il the striker reminisces about his career.

“My career crashed immediately after my stay at Hapoel, which brought me a huge contract in Cluj.

“I’m not happy about how things turned out and I wish I could turn the clock back.

“I had a lot of ups and downs during my footballing career, but I cannot complain that football taught me a lot about life and made me a better person and more disciplined.

“My dream is to return to Israel and start there again," Ogbonna admitted.

The Nigerian started his European career in Israel. During four seasons at Hapoel Tel Aviv he scored 37 goals in 116 matches, which earned him a lucrative contract with Romanian Cluj.

Unfortunately Ogbonna suffered a long-term injury after just two games for Cluj and was later released by the club.

Since then he was unable to return to his scoring form. He tried his luck in South Africa, Albania, Kazakhstan and Macedonia but never came close to the form he presented in Hapoel.

No comments:

Post a Comment