Thursday 15 January 2015

Sokari Not Losing Hope On AYC Participation

Despite suffering several injuries in the last few months, the latest being the knock he suffered on his ankle in the 0-1 loss to Cote D’ Ivoire in last Saturday’s international friendly, Enyimba midfielder Kingsley Sokari says he still hopes to make the Flying Eagles squad to the 2015 Africa Youth Championship in Senegal.
 
The midfielder is currently the most sought after Nigerian player by the national teams, as he has been invited to the Super Eagles, the Dream Team VI and the Flying Eagles, all within the last two months. But despite suffering another setback against the Ivoirians, Sokari remains hopeful of making the final squad to Senegal.
 
“The injury is not very serious so I am hoping to make Nigeria’s team to the Africa Youth Championship. It’s going to be a tough time because I have been with the Super Eagles, the U23 and also the Flying Eagles. But I hope I will make the squad because I always want to represent my country,” he told SL10.ng.
 
“Hopefully I will be fit for Saturday’s game and when we return to Nigeria, I should join the Flying Eagles or the U23. When we return, I will have a better idea of how it will be, but I know it will not be easy,” he said.
 
The midfielder is set to become even more important to the Flying Eagles, with the duo of Kelechi Iheanacho and Chidiebere Nwakali set to miss out, with their English clubside, Manchester City refusing to release them for the tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment