Tuesday 20 January 2015

Moses: I Won't Take Anything For Granted

Super Eagles star Victor Moses says he is taking absolutely nothing for granted despite Mark Hughes describing the Nigerian’s return to the Britannia Stadium as a ‘major boost’.

The forward has spent the past six weeks back with his parent club Chelsea after sustaining an untimely thigh injury during the 2-1 reverse against Burnley back in November.


He has however made a full recovery from the setback and returned to the Britannia Stadium in the build up to last weekend’s Premier League fixture with Arsenal.

Hughes opted not to hand Moses a return to action on the day – instead allowing him an additional week to reacclimatise himself with his new surroundings.

“I am delighted to be back here, and it all feels new and fresh for me again. It is really exciting,” he revealed to Stoke City Player.

“I came back here last week and was on the bench during the game, but I think the manager called it correctly by not putting me on the field.

“I hadn’t really spent much time with the lads before that game, I think it was two or three days, but now I have been back here for a week or so now and I’m ready to get going again.

“The team have been doing really well. I know they lost against Arsenal but before that they had a really good run and picked up a good amount of points.”

He added, “It’s not going to be easy for me to come here and walk straight back into the team, I know that. I will have to work hard and perform well, just like everybody else.”

The 24-year old says he is determined to rediscover the same form that made him an instant fan-favourite at the Britannia Stadium following his summer arrival from West London.

“I was doing well and I want to get back to those levels, or even get better than that. That is what I am aiming for,” Moses said.

“I was enjoying myself, playing well and I want to get back to those levels again. The sooner I can get back to doing what I was doing before then the happier I will be.

“When you can’t do what you want to do as a footballer, like I haven’t been able to for the past six weeks or so, then it is frustrating. I’m feeling good now though and ready to go against Leicester

No comments:

Post a Comment