Monday 26 January 2015

Emordi: Pillars Still Have Some Work To Do

Reigning Nigeria Professional Football League champions, Kano Pillars opened their 2015 Super Six campaign on a winning note and head coach Okey Emordi attributed the performance to a change in orientation at the camp.

The CAF Champions League campaigners defeated Dolphins 2-0 through goals from Samuel Tswanya on the 6th minute and Christian Obiozor on the 9th.

But Emordi insists the team still has some more work to do to be fully ready for their Champions League contest in February.

“It was difficult last season for me but the orientation has changed. On arriving Kano last season, I needed to change the training mode and began twice a day training. I also was not speaking the language, so the start was difficult but we worked on the orientation which saw us end the season as champions,” Emordi explained.

On Pillars performance in the game and suggestions that it was not good enough for the CAF Champions League, Emordi responded, “I cannot say I am completely satisfied by the performance, they didn't play as I expected. Their recovery after losing the ball was not too good but we were good at the back, the defense communicated well and I give them kudos.”

On Christian Obiozor, the coach said, "Obiozor was just playing his first game, hasn't really trained with the team but I had to push him into the game especially knowing he was just coming back from the national team including the goalkeeper. I needed to see how they will integrate into the team.”

No comments:

Post a Comment