Monday 13 May 2013

WE HAVE BEEN APPROACHED BY REAL MADRID- PSG

Paris Saint-Germain have turned down an approach for manager Carlo Ancelotti from Real Madrid, according to the club's president.

The Spanish giants are on the lookout for a new coach with Jose Mourinho's impending departure likely to see him end up at former club Chelsea.
A host of names have been linked with the position at Real Madrid, including Rafael Benitez and Juergen Klopp, but PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi confirmed that they had asked for permission to speak to Ancelotti.

Al-Khelaifi said that Real Madrid general manager Jose Angel Sanchez had thought Ancelotti was out of contract at season's end, while he also stated his desire for the Italian to remain in the French capital.

"If Carlo Ancelotti left Paris, it would be a problem," he said.

"A few days ago, the general manager of Real Madrid (Jose Angel Sanchez) contacted me to talk to (Ancelotti).

"Very quickly, I told them: "If you want to have Carlo, you need to know that he has a year left on his contract, so please respect the contract.

"We respect all clubs, we expect the same in return. Today we do not have the same stature as Real Madrid, but we do deserve the same respect.

"He apologised and told me he had thought Ancelotti's contract was expiring but I told him that was wrong and that Carlo has another year with us. He told me they would take that into account.

"We want to keep Carlo. Everyone loves it here, the players, the fans, myself, I love it. I have supported him since the day he arrived and I will support him until his last day here. I am very optimistic (he will stay)."

Ancelotti has been in charge of PSG since December 2011 and led the club to their first Ligue 1 title since 1994 on Sunday.

PSG claimed the championship with a 1-0 win at Lyon, which came thanks to Jeremy Menez's goal.

After winning the title, Ancelotti claimed that he was "very happy" in the job, and made no mention of Real Madrid's reported interest.

"We have fulfilled the goal of winning Ligue 1 and going far in the Champions League," Ancelotti said.

"The team did a good job. They were very professional, even the replacements.

"This is a title that has the same place in my heart as all the others I've earned. These are all great memories. I'm very happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment