Wednesday 15 May 2013

MEET THE CEO OF IYKE NONI FOOTBALL AGENCY

By Oluwaseyi Falodun
Respected football agent, Ikechukwu James Okoro, reveals his plans to develop football in Nigeria. The former France-based player, among other issues, insists he would increase the legion of Nigerians plying their trade abroad.

Your fans would like to know your name.

My name is Ikechukwu James Okoro, the Chief Executive Officer of Iyke Noni Football Agency.How did your football journey started?

My adventure in the round leather game started way back in 1997, when I left the shores of Nigeria to pitch tent with Gor Mahia FC of Kenya. I left the club for a brief stint in France before returning back home. I will say it was a good experience.

Your management team have it tentacles round the nation. How did you achieve this goal?

Iyke Noni Football Agency was formed to give talented Nigerians the chance to showcase their heavenly made gifts. The state FA Cup just ended with our scouts discovering close to 60 players and we hope to send some of them to Europe.

What are your expectations from the Flying Eagles in the 2013 FIFA World Youth Championship slated for Turkey?

My expectations are just like those of every other Nigerian. We are proud that the country qualified for the tournament and it would have been disastrous if the Nigerian flag was not hoisted in Turkey. Actually, it was not rosy for the team qualifying for the showpiece. I must commend the boys under John San Obuh for making the tournament despite the setbacks they suffered against Mali and Egypt. The team would make us proud in Turkey.

How proud are you as a former player?

I think it is always a dream come true to be an ex-footballer. I'm absolutely proud to be an actor in the round leather game.

You are highly-rated in the land of milk and honey. What is your secret?

My secret weapon lies in the divine favour of the most high God. He owns everything I have. Israel is a place that breeds Nigerian players and it's no exception that it's our main point of attraction.

Why did you opt to be an agent instead of being a coach?

I didn't want to become a coach when i stopped playing football. I can recall when I was in a flight with my Nigerian colleague from Paris to Lagos, he asked me, ''can't you come back and start coaching?'' And I said to him that all of us couldn't become coaches. I'm not afraid to become a coach because I have vast experience in the game. For me, I think some of us can be involved in sports administration.

Finally, what are your summer plans?

Nigerians under our management firm should make lucrative moves to Finland, Israel, Belgium and France.

No comments:

Post a Comment