Wednesday 1 May 2013

MOU COY ON HIS FUTURE


Jose Mourinho has added to speculation surrounding his Real Madrid future by refusing to guarantee he will remain with the club next season.

A 2-0 win against Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League semi-final return fixture on Tuesday was not enough for Real to overturn a 4-1 deficit from the first leg.

When asked if he would still be with Madrid next season, Mourinho, who has been consistently linked with a move away from the Santiago Bernabeu, told ITV: "Maybe not. I want to be where people love me to be."

"I have a contract, respect for the club and the president. I want to play the (Copa del Rey) final, finish the season, finish second," the Madrid coach later told Sky Sports, before strongly hinting a return to Chelsea could be a possibility.

"I know I'm loved in England. Loved by the fans, the media. I know I'm loved by some clubs - especially one. In Spain it's different - some people hate me. It's difficult to make a decision because I like the club. I like the president."



The former Inter Milan coach also lamented his side's first-leg performance but felt the team could still have progressed despite that result.

"In football, you win or you lose. I think we could (have won the tie). They had a couple of big chances but as a consequence of the way we were playing in the last part of the match, where we risked absolutely everything," he said.

"But I think today (Tuesday) we were a team with character, desire and we could do it. I don't forget the first match and in the first match we were very, very bad.

"And in this moment we are punished. Not because of this result but the result of the first leg."

Mourinho will now turn his attention to this weekend's meeting with Valladolid as his side look to secure second position in La Liga.

No comments:

Post a Comment