Thursday 16 May 2013

Aubameyang reveals PSG contact

Saint-Etienne striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has confirmed that he has been contacted by Paris Saint-Germain with a view to a transfer.

The Gabon international has been in excellent form for Christophe Galtier's men this term, netting 21 goals in all competitions in a hugely successful season for the Coupe de la Ligue winners.

Aubameyang's form has led to interest from PSG and English clubs such as Manchester City, Arsenal and Newcastle, but the former Milan striker did not mention the Premier League when asked about a potential future destination.

He told ESPN: "There has been an initial approach. They have spoken to my dad. I don't worry myself with those things.

"I just try to do good things on the pitch. I leave my dad to do all that, and we'll see what comes of it.

"I know the French, Spanish and German leagues, I love them all. I don't have a preference. Honestly, I don't know. We'll see in the summer transfer window, we'll speak about it again when the time comes."

Aubameyang's comments come after he was named African Player of Ligue 1 for this season by the French media and the 23-year-old was eager to express his delight at being recognised as one of the top players from the continent in the division.

He added: It's the first success of my young career. To be named best African player in Ligue 1 is a great reward.

"When you look at the great African players here, it's really pleasing. It's something fantastic for me. I'm very happy with this season. People expected me to follow up on last season, and I did that by scoring more than 16 goals (in the league)."

No comments:

Post a Comment