Tuesday 21 May 2013

Time out with Simmy


Tochukwu Nwankwo aka Simmy is a household name in the second cadre of Portuguese Football . The lanky Nigerian-born attacker is feared and well revered by opposing defenders. His stock has risen after netting 12 league strikes and one cup goal.

In this exclusive interview with futballgalore.com, the always smiling Portimonense youngster gave his thoughts on his club’s performance, promotion miss, his personal ambition and some other issues.
How do you rate your performance in the recently concluded campaign?

I had a good show by my standards. My two targets were getting double figures and leading my team to the Primera Division. We started on the wrong foot and it was too late catching up with the pacesetters at the end of the day.

Your club missed your presence at the business end of the season. What happened?

I sustained a groin strain few weeks back and it was really sad missing some of the matches.

How many goals did you score in the 2012/2013 season?

I scored 12 league goals and notched one in the cup.

Reports reaching us have it that some elite teams in Portugal, France, Belgium and Spain are on your trail. Do you think it’s time to leave your first club in Europe?

My contract at Portimonense will expire by June 2013. I believe God is the pilot of my life and I want Him to direct me. My success story in Europe won’t be complete without the impact my current club made.

Your fans can’t wait to see you represent your land of birth. What do you think about that?
It’s the dream of every player to serve his country and mine is not an exception. I’m targeting a place in the next Nigeria U-23 side.

Now back to your career. Where do you hope to be in the next four years?
I hope to be in one of the top leagues in the world, banging in the goals, winning awards and getting Super Eagles call-ups.

1 comment:

  1. I wish u all d best that life brings,God has already answer ur prayers.keep flying higher on eagles wing.u are blessed and highly favored.

    ReplyDelete