Wednesday 15 May 2013

IN PRANDELLI I TRUST- DI NATALE

Udinese striker Antonio Di Natale has reiterated his commitment to Italy by pledging his services to head coach Cesare Prandelli.

The 35-year-old has been in scintillating form, with his 22 Serie A goals - a record bettered only by Edinson Cavani this season - propelling Udinese into the Europa League places.However, his attempts at playing his way back into contention for a shirt at international level have proved futile but, speaking to Gazzetta dello Sport, the forward took a moment to remind Prandelli that he has not yet called on time on his international career.

"Prandelli has made a decision to focus on youth," he said. "That should be respected and understood.

"However, I'm here if Prandelli needs me. If he calls me then do you know what I'd say? I'd tell him that I'll go to Brazil!"

Di Natale has been absent from the Italy squad since Euro 2012, and the veteran reflected on his equaliser against Spain as the greatest goal of his career.

"My favourite goal this season was my strike against Chievo, but I always say the best goal I've ever scored was against Spain last June."

No comments:

Post a Comment