Friday 19 April 2013

MOURA CROSS AT CUP FAILURE

Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Lucas Moura says he and his team-mates are down after their shock Coupe de France quarter-final exit.

The Ligue 1 leaders led Evian TG through Javier Pastore's ninth-minute goal, but Saber Khelifa's equaliser on the stroke of half-time made it 1-1 and the score remained the same at the end of extra time.Zlatan Ibrahimovic was among those to miss from the spot as PSG were knocked out of the competition, but while Moura spoke about the sadness inside the dressing room, he says his attentions are now firmly fixed on securing the league title.

"The dressing room is sad and disappointed," he said.

"I'm unhappy I didn't participate. I wish I could have been there but I didn't train correctly before the game. We had everything in our hands to win the game but in the end it was too difficult. We will now focus on the league.

"We had two great games against Barca. We were eliminated without losing. I don't think that this outing broke our momentum. We're proud of the character we showed and cannot wait for next season."

The midfielder signed a pre-contract deal with PSG last off-season and saw out Sao Paulo's league season before completing his move to France in January.

He is confident his transition to life in Europe has been a positive one.

"I adapted very quickly. It's important but I’m here to help the team even without scoring," Moura said.

"I adapted well and I take French classes twice a week but there are a lot of languages spoken in the dressing room. Italian, English, Spanish, I often lose focus. There are still lots of thing to do."

Moura has made 14 appearances for the club so far and set up three goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment