Sunday 28 June 2015

Moses Simon: I Wasn't Feeling Too Well In NZ

Moses Simon has opened up about the reason behind his lack of first team opportunities for the Flying Eagles during the Fifa Under 20 World Cup in New Zealand.


Simon, who turns 20 in two weeks time, was expected to be one of the stars of the tournament but managed only 16 minutes of game time - which came against Hungary - before Nigeria exited the competition.

“I was sick. I wanted to play and help my country but we didnt want to take any chances,” said Moses Simon, according to belgiumsoccer.be.

The winger then played down suggestions that he’s not presently in tip - top condition, saying : “I do not discuss it but I’m fine.

The Golden Boot Soccer Academy product has been invited by coach Samson Siasia for the African Under 23 Championship qualifier against Congo

He netted 17 times in total for AS Trencin and Gent last term.

No comments:

Post a Comment