Thursday 5 September 2013

I was disrespected by the Press- Adan


Antonio Adan has reflected negatively on the final few months of his Real Madrid career, admitting his unhappiness at Diego Lopez’s signing.


The 26-year-old, who was released on a free transfer this week from Los Blancos, was initially brought into the side by Jose Mourinho at the turn of the year, in favour of Iker Casillas.

However, January saw Madrid move in the market to cover Casillas’ injury by signing Diego Lopez, restricting Adan to a place on the bench once more.

“Some of the media wrote against me and then would write in support of me,” mused Adan on La Sexta today.

“When Iker then got injured, I was deprived of the right to play for Real Madrid. The Press disrespected me.

“I trained normally, without knowing anything about Diego Lopez. I learned of his signing through the media.

“And this cannot be. I would have loved for Mourinho to have explained that signing. When Iker was injured, I could have come in as I had already proven myself.”

“I had many ups and downs and there were hard times because they told me and I was prepared psychologically.”

No comments:

Post a Comment