Tuesday 12 February 2013

The media rumble is over,Keshi rescinds his decision........written by Abayomi Ademetan

Top officials have said they are sure Stephen Okechukwu Keshi aka "Big Boss" could be persuaded to reverse his decision to throw-in the towel as Nigeria national team gaffer.

The Big Boss sensationally resigned his appointment after he became the first Nigerian local coach to win the AFCON.

“He (Keshi) said the pressure was too much on him while the competition was on, but he was just managing to make it end well for Nigeria, so he said he has had enough. He decided to quit, but I believe these are issues that could be resolved," said team mouth piece Ben Alaiya.

"Coach Keshi told me he threw in the towel due to personal reasons and I hope when he comes back to Nigeria he will be able to tell us more about that.

“It was shocking to everyone in the team and disbelief to all, he said he will give reasons and that he was not happy with the way he was treated during the course of this competition.”

“We hope these issues are resolved quickly so that we can face the 2014 World Cup qualifiers. We cannot afford any distractions,” said team co-ordinator Emmanuel Atta.

After the two draws in Pool C,NFF top brass boasted openly to Keshi about the tactical exploits of the Zambian coach, whom they said, knew when to effect changes that could change the course of a game.”

He said on a South African radio on Monday that the executioner was prepared to wield the axe before the team’s 2-1 win over Ivory Coast.

The final jigsaw was when NFF booked the team's return flight back home before the Ivory Coast war.

The tone was noticed in his comment about the so-called foreign coaches.

"I am not against working with a whiteman,but don't hire a carpentar to manage the National Team,"the Big Boss said.

He referred to the authorities when he said “Nigerians don’t want me to stay.” He berated sports administrators in the post match press conference when he said that ‘’they will appoint you today and expect you to win the World Cup tomorrow.’’

The rumble took a twist when the Sports Minister,Mallam Abdullahi Bolaji intervened and convinced him on the need to change his mind.

Keshi's words;

My attention has been drawn to reports in the media that I have resigned my appointment as the Head Coach of Super Eagles of Nigeria.

While I have had cause to express my displeasure over some issues that happened in the course of our participation in the AFCON 2013, which my team won by the grace of God, especially concerning my relationship with the Nigerian Football Federation, I have since had opportunity to discuss the various issues with all concerned. I am therefore pleased to say that I have reconsidered my position and have decided to continue with my job.

I want to thank the Honourable Minister of Sports, Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi, for his swift and kind intervention.

Signed

Stephen Okechukwu Keshi.

No comments:

Post a Comment