Friday 15 February 2013

I DIDN'T SELL BOLOWOTAN TO MFM-TOYIN GAFAR


Supremo of Bolowotan Football Club of Lagos, Toyin Gafaar, has denied rumours making the rounds that he sold his pet club, Bolowotan FC, to Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries for the sum of N10 million.

“I have heard stories that I sold Bolowotan to Mountain of Fire for N10 million. This is not only ridiculous but a calculated attempt to tarnish my reputation which I have built over the years,” he said.

Gafaar urged anyone in doubt to verify his claim from the Nigeria National League in Abuja and the Lagos State Football Association.

“God is my witness, I didn’t collect one kobo from MFM for Bolowotan. In taking the decision to give up my dear club, I thought of an organisation that had a track record in football and MFM came to mind.

“I had a meeting with MFM Sports Director, Mr. Godwin Enakhena, and some MFM pastors, I told them that I was giving the club to MFM for free. The records are there with the Nigeria National League and The Lagos State Football Association.”

Gafaar revealed that his decision to let go of Bolowotan was personal, adding, “there is no one in the football circle who is not aware of my love for Bolowotan.

“I gave my all to keep the club going, but there came a time that I had to take a very difficult decision to let go,” he said.

Coach Camara-tutored MFM FC will travel to Umuahia for a week 9 cracker  against Abia Warriors on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment