Friday 24 January 2014

Gabriel boost World Cup chances with Beveren move

Reuben Gabriel has signaled his intent to be amongst the 23 players on Nigeria’s World Cup roster after he completed his switch to Waasland-Beveren on Thursday.


The central midfielder has penned an eighteen month deal with Waasland-Beveren which will see him remain at the Belgium Pro League club until June 30, 2015.

In his first words after his unveiling, Reuben Gabriel said to the official website : “I immediately felt good here. Everybody here is friendly, players and coaches. The atmosphere is very good.

“I want to make the team happy, that is why I am here. I want to prove myself on the field and make the fans happy.

“My qualities? I am good at man-marking and have a good physical condition and strength.”

For the rest of this season, the Nigerian will wear the number 20 shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment