Saturday 17 May 2014

Medics sweating on Ighalo ahead of crunch match

Granada need a win in their last La Liga tie with Real Valladolid to be mathematically assured of safety.


Ahead of Sunday's clash, manager Lucas Alcaraz is sweating on the fitness of Odion Ighalo, who missed training on Wednesday due to respiratory problems.

The former Flying Eagles skipper has declared that he is ready to shake off his physical ailment and play a part at the Estadio Municipal José Zorrilla.

''I had a cold but I am getting better now. I trained on Thursday with the squad even though I am not one hundred per cent okay. I want to make sure I am ready for the last game of the season.

''We have a chance to survive relegation if we win the game but if we get a draw, then, it depends on other results,'' Odion Ighalo said to SL10.ng.

Granada, who have only won once in their last 11 away games, are 17th with 38 points while Real Valladolid are second from bottom, 2 points behind their opponents on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment