Friday 24 January 2014

Sunshine Stars defender prays for Super Eagles

Suspended Nigeria star Solomon Kwambe says the Eagles will beat Morocco to reach the CHAN semi-final even without him.


The Sunshine right back is one of the most experienced players on the Eagles squad and he said he was disappointed he will miss the quarterfinal against Morocco on Saturday after he was sent against hosts South Africa in a final group game last week.

"I feel very bad that I won't play the quarterfinal against Morocco because that game is very important to our ambition here," he said.

Kwambe, who said his tackle did not warrant a second booking, hopes Eagles will fly past Morocco without him.

"The tackle was not that bad that the referee will red carded me. It does not warrant a card," he said.

"All I have to tell my mates who will play the game is to go all out without pressure and exhibit their skills and God on our side, we will carry the day.

“The team is not about me or a single player but the team, and so the team will win without me against Morocco.”

Credit: MTN FOOTBALL

No comments:

Post a Comment