Wednesday 22 January 2014

Ik Uche: My time to shine will come in Super Eagles team

Ikechukwu Uche is prepared to wait for his turn in the current Super Eagles squad despite impressing for Villarreal in Spain Primera Liga.


The Nigerian international who scored his 12th goal of the season for Villarreal in their 2-0 home win over Almeria last Sunday hopes his scoring form continues for his team who have won their last three games.

“I do not know if I will be included for the World Cup,” Uche who is fourth in the La Liga goalscoring charts told Marca.

“Many may think that getting goals in a league like Spain should get me into Nigeria’s World Cup squad but I can only say that it doesn’t depend on me. If they call me fine and if not, no problem.”

Uche also showered encomiums on his teammates for his rich vein of form for the Yellow Submarines.
“My consistent performance is down to the help I get from all my teammates because if it wasn’t for them it wouldn’t be possible to score those goals. I hope it continues.

“I’m going to keep working hard game after game.”

The 30-year-old added that he won’t be setting any goal target this season depite being in the running for the 2014 Pichichi award.

“I don’t think too much about how many goals I can get but what matters most to me is that the team keeps winning and to make every effort. ” Villareal are currently fifth on the log with 37 points from 20 games.

No comments:

Post a Comment