Tuesday 7 January 2014

Not time to disclose my next destination says Valdes

Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes says revealing his destination for next season must remain on hold for the time being.


Valdes played in Barca’s 4-0 demolition of Elche on Sunday, his first game while able to speak to other clubs due to his contract expiring in June, but was non-committal over where he will be playing his football next term.

“It’s not only up to me, but also the team I’m going to and what competition they will be playing in. It’s over a year ago since I announced I would be leaving and I think we have to turn the page on this issue now,” he told assembled reporters.

The 31-year-old, who has been with La Blaugrana his entire career, also said he would have no problem if Barca announced his replacement before he disclosed his next team, and that his teammates had tried to convince him to remain at the Camp Nou.

“It wouldn’t be such a bad thing if they announced my replacement [before leaving]. My colleagues have been trying to persuade me to stay because there is a friendly atmosphere here and it would be a shame to be leaving lifelong friends, but that’s life,” admitted Valdes.

No comments:

Post a Comment