Thursday 30 January 2014

Stephen Keshi: My boys did well

Nigeria's head coach Stephen Keshi has hailed the country's home-based senior national team, the Super Eagles, despite its loss to the Black Stars of Ghana in Wednesday's semi-final of the ongoing 2014 African Nations Championship (CHAN) in South Africa.


The teams resorted to penalties after playing goalless in regulation and extra time, with the eventual 4-1 result ending the dreams of African champion Nigeria to also lift the CHAN silverware

'This team has been about six weeks together. I am beginning to fall in love with them. And I know if I stay six months with them, they will become what I want them to be,' Keshi said at the post-match news conference. 'I salute them for what they did for Nigeria and for themselves.'

No comments:

Post a Comment