Friday 31 January 2014

Okey Emordi: I am equal to the task

Emordi admitted that taking coaching position at Kano Pillars is a challenging task with a lot of pressure, but also stated that he has got what it takes to lead the club to glory.


“Every assignment or task comes with its challenges this one is not an exception but I’m a bit lucky to be given the opportunity to handle the side,” Emordi said.

“I’m more or less in a familiar terrain at Kano. I have friends in Kano, even when I was the pioneer coach at El Kanemi (Warriors) in '86 and spent three seasons, so going to Kano is a homecoming for me and I take the challenge with both hands.

"I’m equal to the task and have what it takes to deliver the goods. The task is daunting, there is no doubt about it I pray everybody will put hands together to ensure we realise the dream of the side in the coming season,” he stated.

The coach also explained why he left Enugu Rangers and not in a pleasant atmosphere.

 “I left Rangers because they showed no intention to finish the league last season to contend for title and also decided to go on a recess to appraise myself before the Pillars job came by."

Emordi will not have much time to meet all the players and pick a preferred starting eleven, as Pillars will start their CAF Champions League campaign in eight days, on Febraury 8, when Pillars will meet AC Vita Club from the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

No comments:

Post a Comment