Thursday 12 September 2013

Strootman didn’t expect Roma move

Roma new boy Kevin Strootman admits he didn’t expect to leave PSVEindhoven in the summer – especially not for €20m.


“PSV sold a lot of players during the last transfer window, but that is not what pushed me away,” the Holland international told Voetbal International.

“To be honest, I didn’t think I would leave.

“But what happened is very simple – I was strongly wanted by Roma and there was instantly a good feeling between us.”

The 23-year-old, formerly of Sparta Rotterdam and Utrecht, has cost the Italian club an initial €16.5m, plus a further €3.5m in bonuses.

“I don’t think PSV ever thought they would get so much for me,” Strootman added.

“Pressure? It’s clear that there is pressure on me – there always is when a player costs so much. You have to perform.”

No comments:

Post a Comment