Thursday 12 September 2013

My job is to play anywhere the manager ask me


Gareth Bale has reflected on his first couple of weeks as a Real Madrid player and his determination to play wherever Carlo Ancelotti decides.


The Welshman completed a late summer transfer window move from Tottenham for a fee reported between €90m and a world record €100m, before joining up with his national team for World Cup qualifying.

Now in the Spanish capital and having trained with his new teammates for a couple of days, the player reflected on how things are going.

“The first few days have been exciting even though I was with Wales, but they were amazing,” Bale told reporters at Madrid’s presentation of their third kit for the season.

“Obviously, the treatment of the boys has been nice in these early days. Cristiano is a great guy, he made me feel good and I hope to do well on the pitch with him.

“I’m anxious to get out there and play with him, he is one of the reasons that I came here.

“Can I debut this weekend? It is something I have to talk to the Coach about. We will decide on the match day.

“I have done two sessions, I’m strong and improving. Hopefully I will get up to speed fast. I am a little behind my teammates but I did play 40 minutes the other day with Wales.”

Bale was asked, with Cristiano Ronaldo in mind, where he would see himself playing for the team.

“I will play on the pitch in the position that the Coach tells me to play and I will give 100 per cent for this team.

“I hope that my adaptation will be very good and for that I will work in every game, I hope that it will soon show on the pitch.

“Everyone wants to win titles and Real Madrid and I hope that we do at the end of the season. At this club you have to win every game, we go into every training session and game with that objective.”
The 24-year-old was asked for a message to his new club’s supporters.

“I have learned how to say La Decima. We are here to win every game and every trophy and we will give everything in which to achieve it. Not only in the Champions League.

“Of course there is pressure here because this is Madrid where you have to win every game and we will work hard to achieve that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment