Wednesday 11 September 2013

I hope to be the manager of Super Eagles again- Samson Siasia

Ex-international Samson Siasia knows his onion in terms of playing and coaching in Nigeria. The Yenogoa-born tactician spoke on some issues, his ambition to make amends as the chief coach of the Super Eagles in the nearest future.

On life after stints in the national team, the former Nantes star gave an insight to what he is currently doing to be useful to the game

"Life, for me, continues even after coaching the national team. I'm actually occupied with an academy that is situated in Bayelsa State.

"We are trying to see how we can get the young ones off the streets and engage them in something positive," he said.

The former Nantes star had the Bayelsa State Stadium named after him. He thanked his state government for the honour.

"The biggest thing any living person would want to achieve is to have a living legacy.

"There is no amount of 'thank you' that would be enough for the state government for allowing the Bayelsa State Stadium to be named after me.

"I feel greatly honoured for the rare priviledge of being made a living legend. I'm indebted to the state because it's what some people never had before they died. This is something I would cherish for the rest of my life," he emotionally declared.

The ex-Dream Team coach relayed his experience growing up in Ajegunle and his early life as a soccer player.

"I grew up in Ajegunle, Lagos and it was a very tough experience. Back then in 80s, you couldn't even tell a girl that you lived there because she wouldn't go out with you.

"Right from when I was a kid, I showed
potential. There was a football pitch in Navy Ground, Ajegunle, and that where all the young boys played," he disclosed.

On his future dreams, the former Heartland and Flying Eagles gaffer hopes to become the Super Eagles coach again.

"I always dream that someday I will become a Super Eagles coach again and learn from the mistakes that I have made before.

No comments:

Post a Comment