Monday 8 December 2014

Australia Coach Happy With WC Draw

Australia Coach, Alen Stajcic has said he is excited at the prospect of playing the best teams in the world.

Stajcic, who only assumed the reins on a permanent basis last September, having taken over on an interim basis for the AFC Women’s Asian Cup, said that though the group is tough, he was optimistic his side will scale through.

"This is probably the toughest group at the World Cup, at the same time I am excited that we are going to be playing the toughest teams in the world, Europe and Africa.

"I think Australia can come out of this group because we are a young team who are improving and progressing

"We will not underestimate or give too much respect to any team as we will take them as they come.”

"I think Nigeria has the chance to come out of the group because I watched U-20 World Cup and I saw the young girl Oshoala and I thought she was electrifying. I have really followed Nigerian girls and I hope we can make it out of the group because they are going to be a tough side to face,” said Stajcic.

No comments:

Post a Comment