Sunday 8 March 2015

Catholic Church Honours Falcons

Champions of Africa Super Falcons where on Sunday honoured at the Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic Church, Utako, Abuja by the Parish Priest and parishioners.


The players and officials, who went to thank God collectively since winning the Africa Women Championship (AWC) trophy October 2014, also used the opportunity to seek God’s favour and prayers for their upcoming qualifiers and tournament-proper.

Coach of the team, Edwin Okon said: “It is always good to seek the face of God. We sought Him before we went to the AWC and we have come back to thank The Almighty for giving us victory and also celebrating with the Priest who prayed with us.”

In his remarks, Assistant Parish Priest, Majella Chinedu Chijioke said he was happy to see the team return to give God praise because that is what scripture demands.

“I am happy seeing you people comeback, I didn’t know you will return to thank God. The common thing is that when people pass through a process and think they have crossed, they forget to look back. Some don’t even remember people who prayed for them. When Super Falcons said they were coming back it was really surprising and I said this people are really godly. I said to myself there is something special about them. I felt honored and that was why I didn’t want you to come back in secret, I wanted you people to come back in the open and meet my parishioners.”

“I wish you well and pray you go higher and higher in your endeavors and really perform well in the forthcoming World Cup. I don’t support any other team in Africa or the world asides Super Falcons. So my prayer for you at the World Cup is the peak and the peak is gold” he stated.

No comments:

Post a Comment